When it comes to remodeling your kitchen or your dining room, many people don’t have any clue when it comes to where to start. Do you put in new tile? What about granite or marble? How about new appliances or reface the kitchen cupboards? Maybe you should put in a beautiful backsplash, or perhaps new paint and new colors will make a world of difference.
20 Kitchen and Dining Room Ideas
If you are intending on purchasing a new home or remodeling an existing one, here are a few ideas to make things a bit more straightforward:
1) It’s always best to paint BEFORE you make any changes. The color sets the tone, and it’s good to have it done and over so you can concentrate on everything else. Try a bright color like cornbread yellow- and other warm tones that are ideal for kitchens.
2) Don’t buy cheap paint ever! Always buy quality paint. You don’t want to do this all over again, and quality paint isn’t going to break your budget.
3) Visit home improvement stores to get an idea or feel for what you want, and try several different ideas- look at everything like your fixtures, back splashes, tile, paint color, curtain shower, shelves, decor- everything.
4) If you don’t know an electrician, be sure to interview some contractors and see who’s bid is least expensive.
5) Use the rest of the house to garner ideas for your bathrooms and kitchen. Be sure to buy all of the furniture or fixtures in advance so that you don’t agonize about changing your mind. Pick a design and stick with it.